Environmental surety bonds
"My business operations may be harmful to the environment. My business partner requires me to provide additional security."
The environmental surety bonds are an answer to the needs of companies whose activities may cause harmful effects on the environment. In order to meet statutory legal requirements, they must provide adequate financial security.
The environmental surety bonds are intended for entrepreneurs conducting business operations potentially harmful to the environment, e.g.:
- companies extracting secondary raw materials (recycling)
- companies involved in cross-border waste shipments
- municipal waste disposal plants managing landfill sites
- poultry farms and slaughterhouses
- power plant
- chemical plants
The environmental surety bonds can be applied to:
- a legal entity
- an organisational unit without legal personality engaged in business activity
- a natural person engaged in business activity
What are the conditions?
Environmental surety bonds are granted at the request of your company, which is required to provide security for the claims of the environmental protection authority for the occurrence of negative environmental effects and environmental damage resulting from the failure of your company to meet the obligations set out in the business permit.
The duration of the bond is 3 years with the possibility of renewal for further periods (however, this requires a reassessment of your company's risk). The parameters of a bond are set individually.
What types of environmental surety bonds do we provide?
- Bonds constituting the security required under Article 48a of the Waste Act of 14 December 2012.
- Bonds constituting the security required under Article 125 of the Waste Act of 14 December 2012.
- Bonds constituting the security required under Article 187 of the Environmental Protection Law Act of 27 April 2001.
- Bonds constituting the security required under Article 20 of the Act of 29 June 2007 on International Shipments of Waste and Article 6 of Regulation No 1013/2006 of 14 June 2006. of the European Parliament and of the Council on shipments of waste.
How to obtain environmental surety bonds?
Step 1: Submission of the application for a general agreement or an application for a bond
Step 2: Positive risk assessment
Step 3: Signing the agreement to issue a bond, establishing the security required by KUKE and paying the premium
Step 4: Negotiating the terms of the bond and issuing the bond