Buyer credit insurance
Buyer credit insurance facility is addressed to a bank that makes a loan to a foreign buyer to finance the purchase of capital goods and/or services from a Polish exporter.
What are the conditions?
- Buyer credit insurance is addressed to Polish and foreign banks financing export transactions carried out by Polish exporters (companies registered in Poland).
- The exported goods or services must meet the criteria of Polish content.
- The export contract concerns deliveries of capital goods and/or services (e.g. machinery, production lines, construction services).
- The subject of insurance is a loan (plus interest) made by a bank on the basis of a loan agreement to a foreign buyer or its bank, in order to finance a specific export contract. Insurance cover can also be provided for banking fees and credit for financing the insurance premium.
- The period for repayment of the loan must be at least 2 years.
- Our premium rates are harmonized with the OECD minimum premium rates system adopted by countries which have signed the so-called OECD Consensus.
How does it work?
Insurance of an export transaction with participation of the importer's bank
Insurance of an export transaction without participation of the importer's bank
What are the benefits?
- We allow a bank to safely finance an export contract with a loan with repayment period of 2 years and more.
- The cover spans nearly 200 countries worldwide, in line with the current policy regarding officially supported export insurance.
- Promise of cover for a period of 6 months.
- Indemnity is paid in the currency of the export contract.
- Payment of the indemnity is guaranteed by the State Treasury.
- The insurance policy serves as collateral authorizing banks to reduce the base for creating special purpose reserves for a specific agreement for up to 100% of the amount insured.
- One-stop-shop for multisourced export projects i.e. projects performed by exporters from several countries in the third country are covered under a single policy.
- We facilitate access to the DOKE Program administered by the Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
- Exporters are able to obtain supplemental cover against pre-shipment risk.
- Insurance conditions meet international standards set by OECD and the European Union.